This page covers historical research currently being undertaken by villagers.
Everyone is welcome to participate but if you, or a group of friends, are interested in a specific subject then please make that known when volunteering. Please contact me via email at email@example.com so you can be assigned to a subject. Please also use this email address should you wish to be added to the Q&A Ampney and Friends WhatsApp group.
Names in square brackets have volunteered for these subjects.
- Cricket Club History [Phil Gearing]
- History of Ampney Park
- Manchester to Southampton Railway [Gerry Westmacott]
- Sterrys Mill [Sandie Westmacott]
- John Beresford: his time in the RAF as a Spitfire pilot and subsequent years [Author: David Vessey]
- Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee 1897
- War Memorial: World War I Casualties
- War Memorial: World War II Casualties
As part of our research we can use newspapers as source material and many of these have now been digitised by the British Newspaper Archive (A Findmypast company). Images prior to 1914 are the Copyright of the British Library Board. We have been able to obtain permission to use up to 20 images on the website as reasonable usage, anything beyond that quantity may require a small license fee, therefore it is unlikely we would go beyond that figure. The following notice will be displayed on any webpage where an image is used: Newspaper image © The British Library Board. All rights reserved. With thanks to The British Newspaper Archive (www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk).
Images from after 1914 are under copyright to other parties and separate permissions are being sought.
Last modified: 25 February 2021